About Me

Alberta, Canada
What's My Deal? - - - There is so much to say, but I will give you the basics in regards to this blog. I am a Canadian 20 something woman married to a wonderful man, and we are the parents to our wondeful son who was born in the fall of 2010. As you will read, I am a supporter of breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, and so much more, but mostly learning about babies! Oh, and I also love reading blogs and playing jigsaw online!!! I blog to share things that I have learned, read, heard and experienced.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Paws and Tails!

Anyone who knows me is well aware how much Kobe and Lewis mean to me!

Le Chat - Lewis, Male, Born July 2004, Part Main-Coon, 24 lbs
Le Chien - Kobe, Male, Born December 2008, Schnauzer/Poodle, 25 lbs

Read their stories below!


LEWIS
Alan didn't want a cat, especially since he had always had dogs, and cats were "not masculin" so it was always a disagreement when discussing getting a cat.  Alan always delayed it, by saying things like "When we get back from summer holidays, we will discuss it", "after we move" etc. etc.  But I looked in the Buy and Sell, and basically said we were getting one, and we were doing it tonight...it was a 7 month debate afterall.  So, we bought Lewis for $20, in the country somewhere off a child!  Naming him took some time, as I chose a crap name, Rigby...and he just sort of evolved into Lewis.  He also goes by LewisKittyOne, LewisOne, L'il, and Sweetheart.  When he was a kitten he loved to climb the 6' tall speakers and attack us when we were sleeping.  We spent several nights with our entire bodies under the blankets, not talking, moving, or even breathing...that soon ended, and Lewis found his spot on my pillow wrapped around my head!  Lewis moved with us into the house and was very nervous, he hid in the basement behind the TV for the entire day.  Then when I woke up in the middle of the night he was on my pillow!!!  He is a very perceptive young man, he can sense my emotions, especially sadness.  He proved this on the day Alan left for Afghanistan.  He is now a massive sized cat who tolerates Kobe as much as he can.  They fight/play all the time, but Lewis can definately hold his own!  Alan and Lewis have a very special bond, and they even have their own language, and way of playing!  Lewis's favourite hang out spots are on his perch, on the counters, table and chairs, and likes to hang out in the bathroom, he LOVES the bathroom!!

KOBE
Oh Kobe where do I start....The way we came about getting Kobe is a long story.  We second guessed ourselves with another dog, but we ended up with Kobe, who was secretly our "first pick".  I am not one of these people who must only "adopt" dogs.  We chose Kobe, and we bought him from a Breeder, not the SPCA, or such organizations.  We found Kobe's name through a website.  He also goes by Ko-buddy, Ko-pup, Ko-Lew, Pup, Biteee, Koi-biteee, Koi-buddy, and Buddy-of-Koi, which Alan thinks is his CanAsian name!!!  He is so playful, and was so easy to train.  He is well travelled, and has met all of our families and friends.  He was potty trained by a bell within a week, and has not destroyed anything serious in our home, or anyone elses.  He can sit, stay, shake a paw, lie down, etc.  He also knows so many commands, some of which is even follows.  For the first 4 months or so, he never barked or made too much noise.  One day this all changed...drastically.  He LOVES to bark excessively at anyone who dares to walk past our house.  One of our biggest challenges with Kobe is to groom him.  This is always a very stressful experience, and it usually ends as soon as the attacking begins.  He loves nothing more than to be with us.  We are constantly being shadowed and loved by him.  He also sleeps in our bed with us.  Walks and trips to the dog park please him to no end!  He has several favourite toys, but his most loved item, is his bone.  My favouite part of the day is to wake Kobe up in the morning, and then when I greet him after work!!!!  Kobe is my first dog ever.  He is so special to us both, and he helped me to fully know that I do want kids in my life. 

Below are some of my favourite photos!!


6 comments:

  1. Even thought I already "know" them, the introductions were so cute! That picture of Kobe outsite with his hair blowing in the wind is hilarious! He actually looks a lot like Jimi...who by the way is being secretly groomed by my Mum! My Dad refuses to get him groomed so my Mum is slowly taking the thinning sheers to him at night - eventually it will all be done and my Dad won't...notice??? lol
    I think I need to do a pet intro on my blog! :)
    Joelene
    http://hairlesspuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...maybe I should have spell checked that comment before posting! lol
    Joelene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, and that picture of Kobe was taken yesterday just before I posted it. In fact, I took it to post it. So, that's his most recent picture, he looks really short though, it was taken at the dog park too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your description of your animals too. And I love both your animals...obviously. You can't tear me away from them.
    Despite the poop attached to Lewis's butt yesterday, you gotta love them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - I like that you posted the pic I took of Lewis-one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your puppy looks SO MUCH like my Sammy!!!! I will post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete